Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kitchen Flooded

This is what happened to our kitchen sink.






This is where the floor got damaged and we had to get new padding under the carpet.


The water was leaking from their lighting fixture.
The bowls are to catch the water.


This is downstairs when the ceiling collapsed on them, because of the water damage.

Yesterday I was cleaning my griddle after having eggs for lunch and the hot water stopped coming out of tap. At first I thought that maybe they were working on the water line, so I was about to look out the window to see if vehicles were out there to work on it. Then I heard a noise and realized it might be coming from under the sink.

So I opened the doors to the cabinet under the sink and saw that something was leaking. So I pulled everything out of under there trying not to get soaked in the process. I realized I NEEDED HELP!!! So I called my home teacher and he came straight over. While he was coming over I thought, um I need to get my boots on so my feet don't get soaked. The water was already flooding the kitchen floor and getting into the carpet. A few seconds after he came in the door, there was a knock at the door. I was thinking who could that be.

Well, it was our neighbor down stairs. She said what's going on? Apparently the water had gotten so bad that it was dripping from their light fixture in the dinning room(next to the kitchen) and between the ceiling and the side of the wall the water was gathering between the wall and the wall paper so they broke the wall paper to get the water out.
There is a room on the other side of the dinning room and the water was soaking her carpet too.

Along with that today I found out that the floor beneath them, it affected their carpet too. So CRAZY how water in my kitchen can affect both floors under me.

So today they cut some of the patting under our carpet out so the flooring under it can dry and then Friday they are planning on replacing it. I really hope that the flooring and the carpet dry out enough and don't start stinking. The guy that was working on it today said that the thing that makes it stink was the patting. Since that's gone it shouldn't stink, since it's only water from the kitchen and now sewer water. So hopefully they are right. So we have a huge fan going until Friday to get the carpet and the flooring that was under the patting dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment