Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanks to My Dad!

I'm grateful for all the random things that my dad has stashed around the house. I'm not sure if I was out of it when I was packing at 1 a.m. or if my dad was just really nice and packed some random stuff for me that's helped. I noticed when I was unpacking that my duffel bag had some tares in it. Well I just happen to have in my bag a Mighty Mend it glue. It was just perfect for fixing the bag.

Years ago my dad got my mom, my sister and I all Ladies Tools. Well this weekend while my roommates family was here, our entertainment shelf fell down. The piece of wood on one side came out, because it wasn't secured. Well my roommates dad said, "If I just had a hammer and some nails I could fix that." I said," Well, I have a hammer and some nails." So I went and got my ladies tool set and he was able to fix the entertainment center. :) I was so proud of myself for being prepared. I must give some credit to my parents for that.

On that Saturday that we went to get Bree from Sandy, we were on the way back and we were trying to open root beer bottles with the metal caps. No one was able to open it and someone said only if we had a pocket knife. Hey, I said I have a pocket knife! So we used it to open the bottle! My dad is the one that gave me the pocket knife before I left home. Who says that girls aren't prepare for things!!! Apparently no one that knows my mom and I. LOL :)

Ok, this is all suppose to be about my dad, but I thought of a story that deals with my mom that I want to include. It's funny we would be with Aimee and she would ask for something and hey my mom would most likely have it in her purse. Then I would be with Aimee, without my mom and she would need something and ah, I would have it in my purse. She said you are your mother's daughter. :) And Proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment