Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Got my Retainer for my TMJ Syndrome!!!!! / First 2009 Utah snow on ground

This morning when I woke up at looked out the window, I thought Oh, No! I have to drive in the snow to my bishops house. Sister McGarr took her daughter Julia and I to get our retainers today. It makes me gage every now and then. Sometimes I have to slow down with my talking and calm myself down so that I don't gage. It makes my jaw a little sore, but I haven't had much pain that I normally have!!!

When I woke up this is what I saw out the window. I normally see mountains behind those buildings there.
Sorry about this picture I don't know what happened. It didn't look like this until I downloaded in onto here. This is what I saw out my window when I looked at the cars in the parking lot. When I saw this I knew I had to allow more time to get to my bishops house.
This is me with my retainer in.
This is me with my retainer.
Top view of retainer.
Bottom view of retainer.

This retainer is working miracles! The Doctor that I'm going to is Dr. McMillian at TMJ Therapy in American Fork. I'm so grateful for this guy!
I first noticed pain about 3 years ago when going to my cousins wedding in New York with my mom. I was screaming in the airplane because is was in such severe pain. I went to two phyisicans and they are like no you don't have an ear infection. Then I went to an ENT doctor and they didn't know what was wrong either. They thought it might be allergies, so they did an allergy test, and I was so FURIOUS because I was not allergic to one thing and that was $1,000 out of my pocket. GRR So we were at lose of what to do. I was getting really irritating because I was in pain and didn't know what to do about it. We even tried chiropracitc and that fixed the pain for a few months then it came back and just got worse (not due to chiropractic) over time. When I went to Dr. McMillian, I was so relieved. Everything he said sounded right, I was like yep that's right that's the way I've been feeling. It was so nice to talk to someone that understood how I was feeling and finally someone that knew what to do for me to fix the problem.!!!!!
I even went to a wedding in New York after I started working for Wren Chiropractic and ended up going to a Chiropractor while I was in New York just to relieve the pain before I got on the airplane again.

No comments:

Post a Comment