Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving


Today for Thanksgiving I watched the end of the Thanksgiving Parade, then I went shopping with my roommate, Lisa, her parents and Chelsey, my roommates friend. While shopping I taught my roommate that when your parents are in town and take you grocery shopping and they are walking down isles with you and suggesting you to get stuff, if you like the stuff and will eat it, TAKE IT! They are just trying to make sure you are stocked up with the things you need. I was thinking maybe I should have had my mom come here for Thanksgiving.

We had two carts full and when we got home everyone helped unload. After getting everything put away, Lisa and I helped her mom make two pumpkin pies.

I had thanksgiving Dinner with Alicia and her family. When I got there I helped her make the stuffing and the stuff to spread onto the ham. After Alex's parents and his brother and wife got there we went around and said what we were thankful for. Alex is from Peru so everyone besides Alicia and I speaks spanish. So during most of the conversation Alex was translating for me. Before we ate we went around to tell what each family was thankful for. Alicia went first for her family and Alex added some stuff, then his parents went and his brother. Then Alex was about to start with the food instead of having me go, but his sister-in-law spoke up and said what about Angie. So I started and said I was thankful for my family, and then started crying and getting emotional. I didn't realize until then, that I missed my family so much.

I'm so excited for the next time I get to see them. Despite the absence of my family and the Robertson's I had a pretty good Thanksgiving I would say! Thanks to Alicia's family and Lisa's family I didn't feel too alone today! I'm very grateful for these people in my life. When I don't have a chance to be with my family for a holiday, I have other people that just adopt me into there's for the time being. :) It has been nice!




No comments:

Post a Comment