Friday, October 2, 2009

The process of moving to Utah.

Well, the other day I was talking to a friend of mine in Texas and she suggested me that I create a blog to keep everyone informed of what's going on in my life here in Utah. Well, it's like almost 3 a.m. and I'm not really tired yet, even though I got up at like 9 a.m. this morning. So to kill some time I figured I might as well start a blog to let everyone know what's going on thus far.

So for the past 5 years I've thought about moving to Utah several times off and on, but obviously I never made that big move. I've lived in Texas since I was 9 and just didn't want to leave the comfort zone of all the family I have there and the friends that I have made over the years. So I stayed there and went to school at the community college and spent lots of time on the weekends either with the Robertson Family and my mom (dad was sleeping or at work) or in the McKinney area doing YSA activities.

But some time at the beginning of August a Sister Missionary that was serving in Sherman, Tx told me that her sister and her were looking for another roommate in the Fall. Well, I got all excited about moving to Utah like I have in the past (this decision has happened more than once!). So I told my mom about it and she said this would be a great opportunity. For a while I thought about the idea and got nervous. I liked the idea, but I still didn't want to leave everything that I already had in Texas. I even talked a lot about it to a good friend of mine Connie and her husband, Brother Holbrook, about it and they said they hated to see me go, but it was a great opportunity. So I prayed about it and was still nervous and didn't really want to make the step but felt it was ok. So I called a friend of mine Sarah that was in Utah at school and asked if she was coming home for the summer at all. She said she wasn't planning on it, but I told her I was planning on moving up to Utah and wanted to see if she could drive up with me. So, it happened to be that she was able to get off work and get a flight to come back to Texas and spend a weekend with her family before leaving back to Utah with me. She made those flight plans and I knew I couldn't back out, because I was her way back to school. Even after she made the plans I had doubts, but knew I had to follow through with what I had agree to move here, so I did.

For the last few weeks or so before I left I cried almost everyday. I didn't want to leave the Robertson Family. I didn't want to leave my family. I didn't want to leave my group of singles friends that I hung out with all the time. I had a really hard time with the thought of leaving all the Robertson kids. Every time I thought of it I would cry my heart out. The last weekend that I was at home I stayed in Sherman except for going to a reception on Saturday night in Allen. I just spent time with my parents and the Robertson family. We had a great time doing a game night on Friday night! Then on Sunday night we had Sunday night dinner as always at the Robertson's house and I was able to put all the kids to bed and tell them bye. I was good until I told the oldest one good night and bye, that's when I fell apart and cried. He was the last child I had to say bye to. Then I walked into the living room and said bye to Aimee and the King and Little Guy(again) doing all of this while crying. Then my mom and I left and I cried all the way to my sisters house. I wanted to say goodbye to my nephew before I left town. Then I stayed up until about 1 a.m. packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment