Friday, October 9, 2009

Settling in Utah

When I first got to Utah I stayed with a long time friend of mine, Alicia, that I know from EFY. I called her up about a week or so before moving here and like I've said before this isn't the first time I've thought of making the move. So when I told her I was going to be coming, she said you aren't going to back out on me again are you? LOL I said no I'm really coming this time, I even have a friend coming home from Utah so that she can drive up with me. So when she found out I didn't have a place to stay yet she said that I could stay with them until I could find a place.

So I ended up staying with Alicia and her family for a week. I would look at apartments and not feel right about them. I would just walk in and think this doesn't feel like home and then have a hard time wondering if I was going to ever find a place to feel simi-homelike. After I looked at two places I called a friend of mine Tia and she told me to come over and we could spend some time together. That was much needed time with a friend of mine from back home. She comforted me and I felt like I was somewhere that I would relax for a while. Thanks Tia !

So shortly after that I got a call from the same people that I had talked to about the other apartments and she found another one that was in my price range that was a single bedroom and asked if I would be interested in looking. So I did. I felt better about this one then I had the others.

Then I called another friend, Bree, from Texas that is living here in Utah and she said that there were two rooms open right in her apartment. If I got one of those rooms then we could be roommates. So the next day I called the lady up and told her that I wanted to look at the room and she met me there. Now I'm not sure if it's because I knew one of my friends would be my roommates and was already living here, but I felt really good about this one apartment. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and being able to find an apartment that I feel good with.

No comments:

Post a Comment