Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sweet Island Restaurant - Finally



Today I was able to spend the whole day with one of my companions from my mission. I really enjoyed the time we were able to spend together. It was great being able to hang out and talk about old times and things going on in our lives right now. We were trying to figure out what we were going to eat, my companion told me that if we went to get some breakfast she would pay for it. So she looked up Pastrey's online and we found one that sounded good, they had donuts, and cupcakes and cookies. So we went there and found out that they really didn't have donuts. We were kinda mad, but then decided we would go to another place called "Sweet Island Restaurant".

Since I have gotten home from my mission I have been craving Chopsuey and Taro. Those are some Polynesian foods that I ate while in New Zealand. I have not been able to find a place to get this food except one time since I got back. The one time I did find it was from Tongan's that lived in Euless, Texas, but the chopsuey noodles they used were a lot thicker than I was use to so it didn't taste so good.

So when we walked into "Sweet Island Restaurant" and looked at the menu and realized that they served the same kind of food that we ate in New Zealand we felt like we were in HEAVEN. I was so excited to finally be able to have the Chopsuey in Taro that I have been craving for sooo long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment